Modified Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ,WJ & WK aftermarket tech goes here All Modified, NON-OEM tech goes here. IE:Aftermarket Lifts, Shocks, Tires, Performance, etc..

2005 Laredo radio has power but no sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default 2005 Laredo radio has power but no sound

Hey,

I did my best to look through all 14 pages of this forum and didnt find this.

I was able to install my new radio with power but no sound.

I spoke with tech and they asked me to check if the blue wire on the adapter (factory antenna remote turn on) fed into a slot that had a blue wire on the factory attachment point.

Theres no wire in that location.

THE QUESTION!
where should I attach that wire to get sound coming through the speakers. the factory stereo does have sound?

NOTE - I did read through the factory diagram of wires and their functions but did not see one that would make sense to attach to.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:18 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L (AMC) Straight Six

Grand Cherokees of the 2005-2010 (WK) generation don't have a power antenna. Do you know if you have the Boston Acoustics sound system or not? You can check by inputting your VIN number here, and entering your VIN using numbers and capital letters after the '=' sign (it's case-sensitive) into this site:https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/...etServlet?vin=

If you see just '6 Speakers' (press Ctrl+F on your keyboard and search in the search box that comes up, if you're using Chrome), you don't have the Boston Acoustics system. If you see '6 Boston Acoustics Speakers' and/or '276W Amplifier' , then you have the Boston Acoustics system with an amplifier, and will need to connect the remote 'Turn On' wires together to get the signal to the amplifier to turn on whenever the radio is turned on. That's probably why you have no sound. The factory amplifier is located on the left-hand side of the cargo area behind the plastic panel, although I recommend checking to see if you actually have that option before removing the panel, as it saves a lot of headaches.

-Vince

Last edited by 94zj318; 08-04-2019 at 02:21 AM.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!

Originally Posted by 94zj318
Grand Cherokees of the 2005-2010 (WK) generation don't have a power antenna. Do you know if you have the Boston Acoustics sound system or not? You can check by inputting your VIN number here, and entering your VIN using numbers and capital letters after the '=' sign (it's case-sensitive) into this site:https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/...etServlet?vin=

If you see just '6 Speakers' (press Ctrl+F on your keyboard and search in the search box that comes up, if you're using Chrome), you don't have the Boston Acoustics system. If you see '6 Boston Acoustics Speakers' and/or '276W Amplifier' , then you have the Boston Acoustics system with an amplifier, and will need to connect the remote 'Turn On' wires together to get the signal to the amplifier to turn on whenever the radio is turned on. That's probably why you have no sound. The factory amplifier is located on the left-hand side of the cargo area behind the plastic panel, although I recommend checking to see if you actually have that option before removing the panel, as it saves a lot of headaches.

-Vince

I have the Boston Soundsystem would you be able to tell me which wire is amplifier on wire

Old 05-01-2024, 11:00 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L (AMC) Straight Six

Originally Posted by js88
I have the Boston Soundsystem would you be able to tell me which wire is amplifier on wire
It's usually a blue wire in the aftermarket radio's wiring harness. Although the Boston Acoustics amplifier is a digital amplifier, so it uses a digital signal from the radio. You should still connect the blue wire when installing an aftermarket radio, although you'll still need an adapter to feed the signal from the factory amplifier to the aftermarket radio.

-Vince